In order to protect customers and employees, we are asking you to please put on a mask before entering our Roundbank locations. We are adding this practice to our list of ways that we are keeping our customers and employees safe. Having a safe environment to conduct your banking needs is paramount to our core values. We value the wellness of the communities that we serve and will follow the direction of state and local health officials. Thank you for your understanding!
What are we doing to keep our customers and our staff safe?
• Masks. We are asking all employees and customers to wear a mask while visiting our locations. If you do not have a mask and would like one during your visit, we are happy to provide one for you. We may ask you to temporarily pull your mask down for identification purposes.
• Limit number in bank. We are limiting the number of customers inside the bank at one time. Customers are asked to remain at the entrance until greeted by a staff member to enter.
• Social distancing. We have markers on the lobby floor to indicate a safe social distance from other customers.
• Plexiglass shields. We have installed plexiglass shields at our teller lines and desks as an extra layer of protection in preventing transmission of the virus.
• Hand sanitizer. There are hand sanitizers placed throughout our common areas.
• Please bring a pen or use and keep one of our Roundbank pens. If you do not have a pen, we will provide a clean pen for you to use and keep.
• Cleaning our locations. We have increased our cleaning efforts and continue to disinfect high-touch surfaces throughout the day (handles, counters, keypads, etc.).
• Coffee/Water Stations. In effort to minimize contamination, we are temporarily removing our coffee and water stations in the lobbies.
• Employee social distancing. Employees will remain socially distant and internal employee meetings will continue to be conducted virtually to avoid branch-to-branch visits and minimize direct contact. It is our intent to keep our branches free from unnecessary visits that could spread the virus.
Drive-up at all locations and Walk-up in Waseca will continue to be available as it always has for your convenience and an alternative to entering our branch locations. Please call or email us with any questions or concerns. We will work hard to accommodate your needs while doing our part to protect our communities.